We're repurposing an old (but still rings true today!) fireside chat we hosted at IronHack Barcelona in March 2017 with our good friend Dorion Carroll.
Dorion had just quit his role as CTO/CIO at Zynga and was about to join Amazon as VP of Customer Engagement Technologies. All the while, he spent some time travelling, and visited us in Barcelona.
Actually, you have heard Dorion before in this podcast, in episode #7 How to keep the house clean: sunsetting legacy systems and tech hygiene.
The audio recording is pretty terrible - our sincere apologies for that - but the content is very good and we think that every aspiring entrepreneur should listen to this conversation where the following topics are discussed:
- Misconceptions and myths in the tech industry
- Companies vs. products vs. features
- How to pick technologies for new projects
- How to find a technical co-founder or CTO
- How to hire developers
- Current technologies vs. more established programming languages
- How to communicate the cost of tech to non-technical business partners
- And more!
Also, you can enjoy Dorion's infinite tech wisdom and Àlex's failed attempts at standup comedy throughout the course of this fireside chat.